Seeking to hire a Senior Accountant for a Direct Hire role in Wheeling, IL.
The Senior Accountant will be a key member of the Accounting and Finance team responsible for various functions to support various departments within the company. This employee will be heavily involved with monthly sales and use tax compliance. The Senior Accountant will also be involved in month-end and year-end activities and assist in financial reporting and analysis.
- Reconcile and analyze monthly and quarterly sales and use tax accounts for all states.
- Manage and upkeep of sales tax certificate data, track communications, and follow up to ensure compliance.
- Assist with sales and use tax audits as they arise. Investigate and resolve audit findings and issues of non-compliance.
- Support and research issues related to miscellaneous taxes, unclaimed property, and 1099 information reporting.
- Maintaining and reconciling balance sheet and general ledger accounts.
- Assist with preparation of monthly and annual financial statements.
- Prepare monthly cash forecasting and bank reporting to comply with internal and external reporting deadlines and requirements.
- Participate in the annual financial audit.