Seeking to hire a Process Technician for a Direct Hire opportunity in Sauk Village, IL.
The Process Technician is a hands-on position responsible for the day-to-day operation of one or more molding machines within the Injection Molding department. In this role, the successful candidate will install/remove, set up, and process injection molding tooling and IML automation. Recent experience in thin-wall injection molding is required. Experience in in-mold-labeling and robotic part removal and handling is strongly preferred. Additional responsibilities include mold assembly and disassembly and as well as performing scheduled quality checks throughout their assigned shift.
- Understands, follows, and enforces all established safety, health, and quality GMP and Company policies, procedures, and recognized practices.
- Mold changes and setup of IML automation and downstream automation.
- Molding machine startups.
- Troubleshooting of nonconforming parts.
- Ability to diagnose and resolve basic molding, automation, and process issues.
- Performs IML automation setup, startup, and processing including required label changes.
- Assist in the assembly and disassembly of tooling as required.
- Participate in tooling, resin, and colorant sampling.
- Assists Process Manager in the evaluation of new mold and automation start-ups.
- Assists the Process Manager in the review of production-related activities including but not limited to Scrap, cycle times, IML, and parts handling automation.
- Assist material handler as needed to ensure smooth and efficient manufacturing.
- Performs daily quality checks required throughout the shift.
- Promote a continuous improvement culture.
- May be responsible for special projects related to other functional areas.
- Requires standing, repeated reaching and twisting, and hand movement throughout the entire shift.
- Working independently. Give daily breaks to the department staff as required.
- Overtime is required based on the needs of the company.
- Must be competent to carry out food packaging safety and quality responsibilities.