Messina Talent is seeking a Plant Engineer for our client in Walled Lake, MI. Our client is a designer, developer, manufacturer, and marketer of coated, laminated, and converted films, foils, and papers for various end-use markets.
The plant engineer plans, implements, and oversees plant-engineering activities including capital projects and facility upgrades. Specializes in design, mechanical, and process engineering while supporting the functions of other departments. Performs and/or oversees the design, installation, and implementation of new or upgraded plant and processing equipment as well as troubleshooting and continual improvements for existing equipment and processes. Secures bids for services and equipment and functions as the project manager for specific capital projects. Write equipment specifications for new and upgraded equipment. When applicable, train maintenance and other plant personnel in the use and care of the equipment.
- Lead the design and implementation of high-priority engineering projects (process, facilities, mechanical, electrical, etc.)
Research & Development / Process Engineering
- Assist the transfer of R&D-designed products to production assets through consultation, equipment design, and asset conditions required to bring a product to production status while applying troubleshooting skills in order to improve existing processes.
- Assist the maintenance department in necessary equipment upgrades or repairs when required.
- Assist management and other departments in evaluation and recommendations on cost/benefits for modified and new equipment.
- Assist in the design and implementation of training for all departments leading to improved processes, quality, and efficiencies.
Performs other duties as required by management.