Seeking a Manufacturing Operator for a direct permanent hire opportunity in Schererville, IN.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure a safe work environment is maintained, safety and environmental procedures are followed, and identify and report unsafe conditions – correct unsafe conditions if possible.
- Maintain competency in the operation of Coating, Metalizing, Slitting, and Finishing production equipment.
- Manufacture product to specification by following construction cards; troubleshoot quality non-conformances and machine breakdowns or failures as needed and in accordance with training and work instructions.
- Follow departmental work instructions and procedures to ensure safe, quality, and efficient output.
- Follow the production schedule, perform transactions in the ERP system, and label goods in accordance with work instructions.
- Must be able to perform all required tasks in the ERP system (SAP).
- Effectively communicate production status to incoming shift to ensure production continuance.
- Communicate quality and/or scheduling issues to shift coworkers and direct supervisors.
- Exhibit a teamwork approach, and proactively assist co-workers.
- Participate in cross-training programs as needed to ensure departmental overlap.
- Assist maintenance crew in identifying and troubleshooting equipment malfunctions, corrective action, repair, and assist with preventative maintenance.
- Maintain cleanliness of equipment and a clutter-free, clean, and organized work area in accordance with 5S policies and practices.
- Assist with the development and implementation of standard operating procedures, work instructions, and Job Safety Analysis.
- 4-week training period, either: 7:00 AM – 7:00 PM or 7:00 AM – 3:00 PM
- After training, MUST be able to work a rotating shift: 7:00 AM – 7:00 PM or 7:00 AM – 3:00 PM OR 3:00 PM – 11:00 PM
- High school diploma or GED required
- Minimum of three years of experience in chemical manufacturing or printing/coating, batch-making, or metalizing/finishing operation.
- Able to perform all elements of job demand analysis for the position.