Seeking to hire a Maintenance Manager for a direct hire opportunity in Carpentersville, IL. Our client is a global polymer and resin manufacturer and world leader in the production and distribution of composite resins, gel coat, and industrial cleaners. For over 65 years, our client has been active in the production, sales, research and development of organic anhydrides and their derivatives.
The Maintenance Manager reports to the Site Manager and is in direct supervision of the maintenance personnel. This includes 6 Mechanics and 1 Maintenance Planner, with mechanical/electrical contractors as needed. Other responsibilities include maintaining a $3.5MM annual expense budget, capital project coordination, personnel training development, outage planning, and implementing station PMs as directed by the Site Manager.
MAJOR SPECIFIC PROCESSES include the following (other duties may be assigned)
- Responsible for health, safety of maintenance personnel and loss prevention as it relates to the maintenance function
- Development and training of maintenance personnel
- Participation in PSM program to support Process Hazard Analysis and Haz Op reviews
- Participation in site Emergency Response Team
- Fulfill PSM, ISO 9001 requirements as required in the maintenance function and capital project implementation
- Responsible for maintaining work order backlog and PM completion in CMMS.
- Responsible for maintenance vendor/contractor selection and evaluation
- Responsible for housekeeping in the maintenance workshop and work areas
- Work toward standardization of process equipment, both from a plant and corporate perspective
- Participation in site leadership team to build a culture of performance and respect
- Comply with all applicable safety rules and regulations
- Responsible for maintenance and significant energy users
- Participate In JSAs and MOCs as needed
- Participate in site incident review sessions and maintain associated records in database
- Report any substandard conditions, near misses or incidents to Site Manager
PERSONAL WORK HABITS
- Follows instructions and requests from supervisor(s) and all managers.
- Demonstrates open communication at plant and corporate levels
- Operates within the Company Code of Conduct
- Knows his/her level of responsibility and takes ownership of his/her job scope.
- Reports to work on time, is dependable, cooperative, flexible and adaptable to change
- Routinely check your work area (production, office, warehouse, etc.) for cleanliness, keep area free of any unnecessary items, eliminate any obstacles and remove items not used.
- Recycle trash and other items responsibly
- Aide in preventative maintenance by identifying machinery and/or equipment that may have issues or malfunctions and report any items that need to be addressed.
- Follow all safe operation procedures, plant rules, EPA regulations, OSHA regulations, DOE and DOT regulations.
- Complies with departmental and job safety practices, including wearing protective equipment and monitoring placement of machine guards.
- Applies chemical processing emergency procedures and observes safety precautions to prevent fires and explosions.
- Reports all work related injuries or accidents to management immediately.
- Complies with the Loss Control Policy and inspects plant premises and work areas for potential hazards and rectifies if possible.
ENVIRONMENTAL & ENERGY
- Supports the sites goals and objectives as referenced on the “One Pager”
- Makes improvement suggestions to a supervisor or places suggestions in suggestion box in support of ISO 9001.
- Participates in the JSA creation and documents via MOC as required
- Receives annual environmental training as required per ISO, and all other applicable regulatory standards. (i.e. Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response, Hazard Communication Standard Training, Resources Conservation and Recovery Act).
- At least 5 years of maintenance manager or managerial experience.
- Engineering degree is required.
- Good computer knowledge
- Strong communication skills
- Lead with professionalism and mutual respect
- 3-5 Years of Leadership Experience
- Direct experience in a PSM environment