Seeking a Human Resources Manager for our client at a San Benito Foods facility in Hollister, CA. Our client processes superior quality, fresh-packed, vine-ripened California tomatoes and Pacific Northwest fruit. With headquarters in Vancouver, Washington, our client has been providing our nation’s discerning food service, retail, industrial, and institutional customers with the finest quality canned and pouched products for over 35 years. Our client operates three production facilities: Northwest Packing in Vancouver, WA.; San Benito Foods, in Hollister, CA; and Toma-Tek in Firebaugh, CA.
Provides consultation and operational support to plant management, employees, and HR staff at the assigned facility. Implements and manages Corporate HR policies, procedures, and programs, including recruitment, workforce planning and scheduling, timekeeping/payroll, employee relations, employee training, labor contract compliance, union relations, management support, and affirmative action. This is an exempt position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administers Corporate HR policies; provides consultation and services to site management and employees regarding HR strategies, HR operations, programs, systems, employee and labor relations, the collective bargaining agreement, and related HR compliance issues. Supports Company initiatives in the design, communication and execution of strategic HR solutions to address issues and/or improve HR processes and systems.
- Designs, communicates and executes site-specific solutions to address issues or improve processes including recruitment, retention, performance management, compensation, employee development/job qualification, and succession planning.
- Works in partnership with site management and Corporate Human Resources to identify site-specific training needs. Utilizes internal and external training resources to address training within the facility and conduct training as necessary.
- Responsible for programs such as Affirmative Action Plan compliance, coordinating the substance abuse prevention program, fitness for duty and supporting workers’ compensation program policies.
- Manages and develops site HR staff; supervises activities of the site HR team. Responsible for the annual season staffing planning, orientation, ramp-up, execution and end-of-season activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, Industrial Relations, Business or related field; or, any equivalent combination of training, education and experience that demonstrates the ability to successfully perform the key responsibilities of this position.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and HRIS and payroll systems.
- Requires 5 years’ Human Resources Management experience; 3 years' union environment experience; and 3 years’ food manufacturing experience preferred.
- Excellent written and communication skills; Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
- EHS (environmental health & safety) program experience is preferred but not required.
- SHRM or HRCI certification preferred.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug test, background check, credit screen and able to work extended hours and weekends during the fresh pack season, typically July to October.