Our client is looking for a Director of Operations in Trumbull, CT.
The self-confident expert we are seeking knows all about being able to multitask and how to be assertive. The Director of Operations recognizes the importance of ethical behavior; they are a self-disciplined perfectionist.
Our client started as a niche marketing company focused on a single category. After more than two decades, they have evolved into a robust consumer products powerhouse that develops best of breed products across the Toy, Baby, Housewares, Home Improvement, and Outdoor Living categories. Our innovative line of unique products is purchased and enjoyed by consumers not only in the United States but across the globe.
The Director of Operations plays a vital role in the overall success of the company. This role will oversee the day-to-day operations of all company facilities, warehouses, logistics, IT environment and operational cost initiatives. The role requires outstanding organizational, communication, and leadership skills, and the ability to develop innovative solutions to drive the company forward.
This person will drive the strategic direction of our organization, ensuring every initiative aligns with our mission and provides leadership and direction to the organization. In addition, they will oversee day-to-day operations, implementing innovative solutions that enhance program effectiveness, and facility optimization.
● Highlights: Autonomy, Opportunities for Brainstorming
● Work Hours: Full-Time
● Location: Trumbull, CT
Duties and Responsibilities:
● Oversee logistics operations for all e-tail channels both US and international including but not limited to Amazon, Walmart, and Target.
● Oversee the IT environment ensuring efficiencies with company systems.
● Develop goals, strategies, initiatives, and set KPIs.
● Responsible for monitoring freight and shipping activities to ensure optimum service, minimum cost, and consistent accuracy.
● Responsible for assurance that all spaces have appropriate storage solutions, and are well maintained.
● Establishes procedures and guidelines to evaluate business efficiency and effectiveness to identify opportunities for improvement.
● Communicates and explains new directives, initiatives, policies, and procedures to managers for implementation for operations effectiveness in logistics operations.
● Oversee the customer service department.
● Oversee all warehouse facilities.
● Conduct cost analysis and resourcing plans for supplies, materials, and equipment.
● Manages vendor relationships with external 3PL partners for all of the major expenses on the company’s financials.
● Assist with financial reviews to provide input on cost and margin analysis.
● Set and execute strategic goals for operational efficiency and increased productivity.
● Plan and maintain appropriate business continuity plans as identified or assigned.
● Perform other tasks as required.