Messina Group seeks a Carrier Sales Representative – Freight Broker
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Source OTR and IMDL carrier capacity to ensure timely delivery of customer freight.
- Develop ongoing carrier relationships without relying solely on load boards.
- Ability to manage pricing negotiations and obstacles with carriers.
- Qualify carriers and identify capabilities
- Study and understand market trends and seasonality
- Establish relationships with customer sales and customers to expand business.
- Schedule: 8-5
- Location: Wood Dale
- 2 yearly bonuses
- College degree preferred or relevant experience
- 2 to 5 years experience in freight brokerage
- Strong negotiation skills
- Competitive personality
- Experience in using TMS, and Freight Brokerage Applications (DAT, Carrier 411, etc.
- Highly driven, enthusiastic, and motivated
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Quick learner
- Strong multitasker
- Problem solver
- Strong Organizational, Mathematical, and Analytical Skills
- Proficient in Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Ability to work well under pressure while maintaining accuracy and detail