Seeking to hire an Advanced Quality Planning Engineer for a direct hire opportunity in Grand Blanc, MI. Will work closely with the Product Development team members to develop and maintain a Quality Plan to manage and mitigate project risk to ensure a Flawless Product Launch that meets customer's Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Cost requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Quality Plan Development: Ensures the project Quality Plan for new products and product modifications is focused on the voice of the customer and all project quality deliverables are completed in a timely manner.
- Risk Analysis: Facilitate product tool/assembly design and process review and design & process FMEA reviews. Provides appropriate input based on an investigation of internal and external quality history, and lessons learned to ensure effective risk analysis. Uses critical thinking skills and thorough active questioning to ensure all areas of risk for new product launches have been investigated.
- Metrology/Qualification of New Modified Parts: Facilitate the development of measurement plans/methods and lead to effective dimensional qualification of new products at FOT (First Off Tool). Ownership of gauges & necessary inspection fixtures to perform Measurement System Analysis, Capability Studies & any necessary statistical analysis with the goal of Tool/Process Qualification.
- Flawless Launch: Work with Manufacturing Plant AQP or QE to conduct Safe Launch activities. Perform process audits and reverse (go & see) FMEAs to qualify new production processes, and to ensure compliance with documented control plans.
- Customer Approval: Ensures Quality required documentation for new and/or modified products is completed per defined project timeline. Leads Customer PPAP submission and acceptance.
- Supplier Approval: Reviews and approves supplier product-specific documentation on new and modified purchased components. Works with supplier quality engineers & sourcing to drive audits of their processes to ensure compliance.
- Problem Solver: Lead in the problem-solving (8D) analysis and resolution of new product-related customer complaints or internal quality complaints during launch. Support efforts for the prevention of repeat issues & systemic improvements to the Product Development Processes to reduce New Product QNs.
- PBM & Quality Systems: Understand & practice company guiding principles, Lean/Six Sigma, International Standards Organization (ISO), and Environmental, and/or Health and Safety (EH&S) Management Systems by following stated policies and procedures.
- Schedule: 8 am-5 pm
- Location: Grand Blanc, MI
- BS Degree in Engineering or related field
- 5 years’ experience in Quality Engineering or related engineering field
- Knowledge of statistics – experience using Minitab or other software
- Able to travel (domestic and international) 5-10% of the time
- Proficient using MS Office tools
- Training/Certifications in DOE, Advance Quality Planning Tools like DFMEA, Lean / Six Sigma, reliability test plans
- Previous Quality Engineering experience working in a new-product introduction environment
- Experience performing PFMEA/DFMEA and using other Advanced Quality Planning tools
- Working knowledge of electronic module assemblies, electrical testing, molding, stamping, and plating processes
- Quality System (ISO 9001 or IATF 16949) and Supplier Auditing experience
- Knowledge of the supplier connect portal is a plus